Nobel Prize winners from India

6 Amartya Sen 1998 Economic  Science
7 Venkatraman Ramakrishnan 2009 Chemistry
8 Kailash Satyarthi 2014 Peace

RABINDRANATH TAGORE

Year     : 1913

Field    : Literature

Achievement: “Because of his profoundly sensitive, fresh and beautiful verse, by which, with consummate skill, he has made his poetic thoughts, expressed in his own English words, a part of the literature of the west”.

CV RAMAN

Year     : 1930

Field    : Physics

Achievement: “For his work on the scattering of light and for the discovery of the effect named after him”.

HAR GOBIND KHORANA

Year     : 1968

Field    : Physiology/ Medicine

Achievement: “For their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis”.

MOTHER TERESA

Year     : 1979

Field    : Peace

Achievement: “For the work undertaken in the struggle to overcome poverty and distress, which also constitutes a threat to peace”.

SUBRAHMANYAM CHANDRASEKHAR

Year     : 1983

Field    : Physics

Achievement:  “For his theoretical studies of the physical processes of importance to the structure and evolution of the stars”.

AMARTYA SEN

Year     : 1998

Field    : Economic Science

Achievement:  “For his contribution to welfare economics”.

VENKATRAMAN RAMAKRISHNAN

Year     : 2009

Field    : Chemistry

Achievement:  “For studies of the structure and function of ribosome”.

KAILASH SATYARTHI

Year     : 2014

Field    : Peace

Achievement:  “For their struggle against the suppression of children and young people and for the right of all children to education”.

Nobel Prize winners with Indian Linkage

SR. NO. NAME YEAR FIELD
1 Ronald Ross 1902 Physiology/ Medicine
2 Rudyard Kipling 1907 Literature
3 Dalai Lama 1989 Peace
4 V.S. Naipaul 2001 Literature

RONALD ROSS

Year     : 1902

Field    : Physiology/ Medicine

Achievement:  “For his work on malaria, by which he has shown how it enters the organism and thereby has laid the foundation for successful research on this disease and methods of combating it”.

RUDYARD KIPLING

Year     : 1907

Field    : Literature

Achievement:  “In consideration of the power of observation, originality of imagination, virility of ideas and remarkable talent for narration which characterize the creations of this world famous author”.

DALAI LAMA

Year     : 1989

Field    : Peace

Achievement:  “In his struggle for the liberation of Tibet consistently has opposed the use of violence. He has instead advocated peaceful solutions based upon tolerance and mutual respect in order to preserve the historical cultural heritage of people”.

V.S. NAIPAUL

Year     : 2001

Field    : Literature

Achievement:  “For having united perceptive narrative and incorruptible scrutiny in works that compel us to see the presence of suppressed histories.”

41 thoughts on “Nobel Prize Winners from India

1. Nasuko says:

Excellent!!!:D

2. Ramyarecipes says:

Proud to say , India is great 👍

1. Yes its always a proud moment. Thanks for your comment.

3. Thank you for this interesting summary of Nobel Laureates connected to India!

4. Hi,
    My blog has been shifted to self hosted site with a new name ‘Atrangi Zindagi Ka safar- celebrating’ life https://atrangizindagieksafar.com/
    please follow me there,
    ‘atrangizindagieksafar’ is defunct now

1. Ok. Thanks for information.

5. almerighi says:

Al mio sconosciuto amico dall’India, grazie, un caro saluto dall’Italia!

To my unknown friend from India, thank you, a warm greeting from Italy!

6. natuurfreak says:

All of them are very important people

1. Yes all of them are great personality and doing super work for mankind.

7. parenthesis says:

Heya i am foг the first time һere. I found this Ƅoard and I find It
    realⅼy useful & it helped me out muсh. I
    hope to give something back and hеlp others like
    you aided me.

1. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment. Good day.

1. Thanks for your lovely comment. Good day.

8. 2ndhalfolife says:

There have been some amazing ones!

1. Yes all of them are amazing.

9. Thank you @triambitions for sharing this 👍

10. เกย์ says:

Somebody necessɑrily asѕist to make significantly posts І’d state.
    That is the very first time I frequented your website paցе and up
    to now? I surprised with the research you made
    to create this actual submit incredible.

Wonderful process!

1. Thanks for your lovely comment.

11. Niсe post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I’m impressed!
    Extremely һelpful information particularly
    the final section 🙂 I care for such information much.
    I used tо be seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.

12. wh᧐ah this weblog is wonderful i like studying your
    articles. Ꮪtay up the good work! You understand, many individuals are hunting around for this information, you can help them
    greatly.

13. Tula Walzier says:

It is in point of fact a great and helpful piece of info.I’m satisfied that you shared this useful information withus. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you forsharing.

1. Thanks a lot for your lovely comment.

14. dumpkick says:

Great weЬsite you һave here but I was ⅽurious about if you knew of any message boardѕ that cover the same topics discussed here?
    I’d reallү love to be a part of groᥙp where I can get opinions from other experienced individualѕ that ѕhare the
    sɑme interest. If you have ɑny suggestions, please let me know.
    Kudos!

1. Thanks a lot for your precious views. Good day.

15. I all tһe time uѕed to study piece of writing in news pɑpers but now
    as I ɑm a user of internet therefore from
    now I am using net for articles, tһanks to web.

1. Yes, all are doing same. Internet became lifeline of all of us. Thanks for your comment. Good day.

16. Got all that i needed in one place.. Thanks buddy.. Keep it up.. 👍

1. Thanks for your lovely comment.

17. chimdelu2 says:

Wow nice one India

1. chimdelu2 says:

You’re welcome

1. anupamapankajgosain says:

Thanks

1. anupamapankajgosain says:

Thanks a lot, good day and keep in touch.

18. swabby429 says:

A succinct summary of great achievements in chart form. Easy to understand and interesting.